by Scott Yager
Welcome to our first edition of our new newsletter, MNCMNetworked! A great way to stay informed about what’s on the horizon for us all at President of the Minnesota Change Management Network (MNCMN), this will be the first of many issues to come in the months and years to come.
As the President of MNCMN, I have the privilege to be your trusted servant through May 2019. I’ve been a member since the beginning when we started the organization nearly five years ago. Little did any of us think that the organization would grow to what we have become!
The organization has grown substantially in many ways since 2014. We’ve grown to more than 250 active members, which is well above the original 100 charter members that we started with in our first year. Change Summits regularly see 75 - 85 attendees – I can remember we were ecstatic when 20 people attended a meeting! Summits have seen amazing speakers that include some of the “big hitters” in Change Management industry such as Daryl Connor and Tim Creasy.
MNCMN has seen a tremendous amount of growth in Professional Development. We were the first organization to partner with Prosci to offer certification through our membership at a substantial savings to our members.
January 2019 marks MNCMN’s fifth anniversary, and the Board of Directors is working hard to pull together a series of offerings to celebrate our 5th year of existence. More to come on that front!
Thank you for your membership and commitment to the Change Management industry and organization. I’m proud of being an MNCMN member and honored to be your president; we have some great things in store.
We’re constantly trying to find ways to improve MNCMN to meet YOUR needs. Take a look at our latest accomplishments in the last quarter:
- Our improved Needs & Leads page, which gives you access to thousands of job opportunities – around the world
- New partnerships with other learning organizations that allow members to obtain discounts on workshops and conferences outside MNCMN (e.g. Work Effects Certification and the PMI Annual Conference)
- Monthly change summits – most organizations offer quarterly events
Mark your calendar for some great upcoming events:
- December 20: Monthly Change Summit, “Change Analytics – Driving Business Benefits.” Register in December.
- January 17: Monthly Change Summit, topic TBD. Register in January.
- February 19-21, 2019: Prosci® Experienced Practitioner Program. Take your change capability up several notches, while learning and networking with the best of the best change practitioners in town. Sign-up in advance to save $1,000. Visit www.mncmn.org for registration details.
MNCMN is the largest network of change practitioners in the Twin Cities. As a member, you have access to networking opportunities, member discounts on professional development courses, and regular presentations by leading experts. You also get two free guest passes per year to monthly Change Summits.
Your MNCMN membership also offers opportunities to share your talents and gain skills by volunteering on a committee. Professional and Student memberships available. Join or renew today at www.mncmn.org.